Saturday, February 6, 2010

In Search of Mahavatar Babaji’s Cave - PART I

Mahavatar Kriya Babaji's Cave
Dronagiri Mountain, Himalayas, India
Gautam Dhar/California, USA

Mahavatar Kriya Babaji


By Gautam Dhar/California, USA:
“Leave your cold intellect behind before approaching
the sacred and serene mountains (Himalayas).”

The following is an account of my journey to Mahavatar Babaji’s Cave in the Dronagiri area of the Himalayas. I took the trek on 29th of July 2009, along with my Father. After several visions and signals from the Masters, I finally made the trek deep into the Mountains at about 9,000 feet.

Arrival at Mahavatar Babaji’s Cave: Finally we saw the steps and the door of the Cave. I asked my Father to do the honors and unlock the door. As soon as he opened the door, a sudden rush of energy went through me as I saw the interior of the sacred Cave. On first look, one could say that 4 to 5 people could easily sit next to each other in the Cave. We noticed that drops of water were trickling down from the cave top, which we attributed to the recent rain. Although YSS (Yogoda Satsang Society-Paramahansa Yogananda’s organization in India associated with SRF in California, USA) has put up a marker, gate and steps. The cave itself is natural and could be thousands of years old. I would like to refrain from making any claim on this, however. Since the plastic spread inside the Cave was wet, we decided to spread our raincoats and sit on them. I sat in the Lotus pose (Padamasana) and was immediately lost in a trance. One does not have to try and meditate as it comes naturally where one almost feels being present on a different plane far away from the mundane world. The silence and the grace that prevailed within the cave were unlike anything I had experienced before in my lifetime.

Link for complete story: http://gdhar.com/2009/08/08/in-search-of-mahavatar-babajis-cave/

Swami Vishwananda:
Prayers to Mahavatar Kriya Babaji

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much and Love!

Tarun said...

What a grace to have this chance!

Wonderful

Love

Smile said...

thanks for the information regarding Babaji's cave. Babaji's devotees can now stay and meditate very close to the cave, comfortably and safely. Please see www.dunagiri.com for more details. thanks, ~Piyush.

utpalavati said...

"In Search of Mahavatar Babaji's Cave - Part 1" was posted in February, 4 months ago. See next comment which contains information about Dronagiri Mountain where Babaji's cave is located. This comment was posted tonight, June 14,2010 (I am in America).

The pictures and information contained in this comment provided link are divinely awesome. I can feel Babaji in the pictures and writing. So...I am prompted to post this comment here and on tomorrow's blog, June 15, 2010. In this way everyone will get a chance to see this beautiful place in the Himalayas of Dronagiri Mountain that Babaji truly loves.

Gautam said...

Thank you for featuring my write up. Peace be upon you :)