Thursday, July 5, 2012

Swami Vishwananda Tells a Story

Swami Vishwananda Tells a Story:  
There was once a boy who went to see God and on the way he met a great Sadhu standing on one leg with the hand up. So when he went to meet God, the Sadhu said to him, “As you are going to meet God, I have one question: Ask God when will I attain liberation?”

So the boy met God and asked all the questions. On the way back he met the Sadhu, who asked “So…have you met God?” He said “Yes, I met him.” The Sadhu said “What did God say?” The boy answered, “Well, the He told me that the Sadhu still has some karmic things to do. You still have to take birth three times before
attaining Him.” Well, at that moment, the Sadhu was very enraged and said, “All my tapasya, all my sadhana that I have been doing and still I have to take birth three times!”

The boy was very calm and joyful. So the Sadhu said “Oh, I am sure you are your last time here.” The boy said “Oh, my dear Sadhuji, it’s not like that. Do you see this tamarind tree? A leaf of the tamarind is very, very, very small, so there are many hundreds of leaves. I have to take as much births and then only I will attain Him." Then the Sadhu looked at him, “Are you stupid? Why are you so happy?” Then he said “Well, it doesn’t matter. I know that at the end I will attain Him.” At that moment he heard a Divine voice saying “Throughout all these tapasya the Sadhu had been doing, all the lives of this boy with the pure heart are erased and he attains ‘
mukthi.” 

This shows that it’s not about how much one has done, but how one is doing it. Love has to be there. If you do things out of love, the Divine will run to you. You just need to do one step. This one step is to do it with love. Then He will do everything. She will do everything. But as long as there is not this one step from your side, it will be difficult. The Divine Mother will help you to become like that, so that this one step can be done with a pure heart. 

No comments: