Monday, June 25, 2012

Badrinath India - Swami Vishwananda - Mahavatar tells Story of a Badrinath Sadhu

Vishnu Temple with lights at night in Badrinath, India
Swami Vishwananda with a Sadhu | Yogi in Badrinath

Mahavatar Babaji tells a story of a Sadhu in Badrinath:
Once there was a sadhu who wandered the hills of Badrinath, India. I was walking and spending some time there once when I encountered this sadhu sitting outside his cave on a sunny morning in 1922, your time. I asked him, "How long have you been here, sir?” He said, “Forever, I have been here for time out of mind.” I asked, “Why do you sit here on this mountain continuously when there is a cosmos to explore out there?” He replied as he pointed to his heart, “The greater cosmos, all of it, I have inside here.”

My friends, this is a great truth. You carry within you, all that is, ever was, and ever will be. Your mind and the clutter you allow yourself to move around and keep you occupied each day, in contemporary times, keeps you in bondage to your own creation of limitation on Earth. Modern man, literally, is confined to the small part of his brain he allows himself to run around in each day, like a laboratory rat in a maze of the scientist’s making. Free yourselves of the mind games you play which keep you in the cage of the mind.


I am Babaji, and I wish for you all, that you soon may find the freedom that sadhu still enjoys, to this day in your time, in Badrinath, India.


-Mahavatar Babaji

No comments: