Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Swami Vishwananda Devotee 1st Experiences/Darshan Brindavan, India 7-8 March 2015

Sri Swami Vishwananda Brindavan, India
Darshan 8 March 2015
Devotee First Experiences/Darshan with Sri Swami Vishwananda
at Brindavan, India 7-8  March 2015
By Ramakrishna Laksman of Mumbai, India

I have been an ardent devotee of Mahavatar Babaji and Bhagavan Krishna for many years. In 2012, I read the book Unity with the Divine, by Mahavatar Babaji (Transmitted to Swamini Vishwalakshmianandama (short: Swamini Vishwa Lakshmi). Ever since, I was keen to do Atma Kriya as advised by Mahavatar in the book and also I wished to meet Guru Dev Swami Vishwananda, who was written about in the book.

My first desire was fulfilled on 26th April 2014 when I received Atma Kriya diksha at Varanasi (Banaras) at the Manikarnika Ghat. I have been trying to reach Guru Dev Swami Vishwananda since reading the book. I wished to see him last November 2014 when he visited South India but I could not make that date due to personal reasons. It was like a bolt from the blue when I received an invitation for Swamij’s Darshan at Brindavan on 8thMarch, 2015 during the traditional Hindu Holi festival. I reached Brindavan on 7th March around 2:30 pm. A few of my colleagues, who took the Atma Kriya course in Varanasi with me, helped me to an accommodation in a dharamasala nearby to where Sri Swami Vishwananda was staying at Jiva Ashram. I was told that Swamiji was likely to give a private darshan, (seeing and speaking personally with the Guru) so I was asked to come to Jiva Ashram.

I rushed to the Ashram to have the first Darshan (sight and speaking) of Swamiji. In the meanwhile, I met Ratnadevi, the organizer of Swami Vishwananda’s events in Brindavan. She regretted that she could not offer me lunch, as lunch already was over. Since my mind was keen to meet Guru Dev Swami Vishwananda, I told her not to bother. Within seconds, Swamiji came out of the ashram as he was on his way to visit a nearby ashram. One of the devotees introduced me to him and informed him that I had come from Mumbai, India. Swamiji instantly asked me whether I had lunch and the devotee told him that lunch was over. Swamiji then told the devotee to take me inside as the food was still available and to see that I had lunch. I could see the real meaning of “Epitome of Love !!” Swamiji lovingly took my right hand and spoke to me as if we had known each other for years. I was wearing the famous Paramahansa Yogananda Astrological bangle and Swamiji took note of it and asked me how long I had been practicing Kriya.

Around 6:00 pm, I received the personal darshan of Swamiji (Swami’s Scheduled Public Individual Blessing Darshan in Brindavan). He looked into my eyes and asked me, “What do you want?” I told Swamiji, “I have come to thank you and to see the Babaji in you”. In fact, when I look at Guru Dev Swami Vishwananda, his eyes remind me of Babaji. He told me, “Nobody goes from here empty handed.” **(see footnote). Further, I said to Swamiji: “Help me to lead the purposeful life that Babaji has wished for me.”  He smiled at me.

I had my first Swami Vishwananda’s Darshan on 8th March (Sri Swami Vishwananda’s scheduled public individual blessing Darshan) and on the night after fire crackers show, I met Guru Dev and told him that I would be leaving next day in the early morning. Guru Dev told me he would expect me in Brindavan next year at the same time. I told him that I want to meet him before that in Germany!

My years of prayer to Babaji have been answered in my meeting with Guru Dev Swami Vishwananda. For he is the living version of Mahavatar Babaji! In him, I have seen the real love, bhakti and humility. I am extremely grateful to Guru Dev Swami Vishwananda, Bhagavan Krishna and Mahavatar Babaji for making all this happen. I also thank each of Swamiji’s devotees/disciples, who helped to make my dream come true, including Swamini Vishwa Lakshmi who has been my spiritual guide!

Footnote**:
by Ramakrishna Laksman of Mumbai, India
This incidence (what Swami Vishwananda spoke to me in his scheduled Darshan) reminds me of Dr. Ram Bhosle, the freedom fighter, who is a legend in Mumbai, Maharashtra, and a  world famous massage therapist. Dr.Ram Bhosle cured eminent people like Mahatma Gandhi, Pundit Nehru, Mountbatten, Bernard Shah, Sachin Tendulkar,  and many more. Dr. Bhosle died in 2004 at his 86th year.

Fascinatingly, Dr. Bhosle  lived with Mahavatar Babaji for 6 years between 1942-47 during British rule. I was fortunate to get Dr. Bhosale’s acquaintance in 2001. I used to meet him often and each time he narrated many stories of Mahavatar Babaji. When India got independence, Babaji told Dr. Ram Bhosle to return to India and he would be safe. As Dr. Bhosle was leaving, Babaji asked him: “What do you want?” Dr.Bhosle had served Mahavatar Babaji for 6 years without expecting anything in return. Dr. Bhosle told Babaji that he did not need anything. Instantaneously, Babaji told him, “No one will leave this place with empty hands”. Dr. Bhosale replied, “Since I hail from the lineage of the Chatrapati Shivaji family, as a born  Kshatriya ( warrior), if at all I need anything I will take it by force and not by asking”! Babaji told Dr. Bhosle that he had given him full permission to take anything he liked.

Dr. Ram Bhosle’s Autobiography – The Hands That Heal ( Man With Golden Hands )

No comments: