Thursday, October 11, 2012

Love's Pearls of Wisdom - Mahavatar Babaji

Windsurfing Through Life
Mahavatar Babaji


Windsurfing brings the sea air, the physical prowess
And the human form into contact with the rig,
The sea water and the will of man.
Balance is the key to maintaining the sail’s proper balance
So that the person does not tip the rig and fall off
Into the water. 

Like that...Life is!
.
When the time comes to step into life and balance
The material world with the spiritual path,
Many fear that the life-balance will be so dangerously
Threatened that they will fall more deeply into the water,
That is the maya of this world and, thereby, become
Even more spiritually and materially off-balance.
In Truth, this is the state of most of humanity presently!

Actually, one should accept that imbalance is most often
unexpectedly and precisely what happens when one chooses
To follow the Spiritual Master, the Guru, who takes you from
Darkness (ignorance) into Light (unity with the divine).
The things and people in life, spiritually defined as attachments,
Must come unglued to the lifestream for one to become free.

Many times on the spiritual path, people and things come and go.
This is because in order to become free we must detach from the
Material things and people who bind us to the old ways of being
Where we Love conditionally. Then we move from the head, which
Rules conditionally, into the Heart where unconditional Love lives.

It is said: “Bloom where you are planted.” So, therefore, learn
To accept and detach from the material things and people
You cannot change to fit your new spiritually proper
Way of being and then simultaneously change the things
That need changing in your life which will set you
On the path of dominion, autonomy and sovereignty.
It is rightfully said, “Know thyself and be free!”

Mahavatar Babaji

Windsurfing is a surface water sport that combines elements of surfing and sailing. It consists of a board usually 2 to 3 meters long, with a volume of about 60 to 250 liters, powered by wind on a sail. The rig is connected to the board by a free-rotating universal joint and consists of a mast, 2-sidedboom sail. The sail area generally ranges from 2.5 m2 to 12. m2 depending on the conditions, the skill of the sailor and the type of windsurfing being undertaken.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jai Guru Dev, Mahavatar Babaji!
I really love this picture comparing life with windsurfing.
All five elements and the skill of
reaching balance amongst them is contained in this wonderful sport:
earth:rig and board; Water:we are sailing on; Wind: makes us move;
akasha: we are moving in; fire: wakefulness and mood inside.
Much love,Ramayotee

Rohini said...

Thank you dear Mahavatar for this analogy with windsurfing. How accurate for me! In past I little bit practiced this sport on the sea ;-)...and now with your grace I try to keep balance between spiritual path and material world.
Much Love. Rohini♥

Anonymous said...

Jai Gurudev, Mahavatar,
When I read this post on windsurfing, I felt, how accurately it fits my life-situations, and as you said, many many more people´s life-situations as well.
Since some time I seek to feel in my Heart the answer to a question that I have. I wonder, if I can be with Him, my Heavenly Beloved, whilst living with a partner, in a relationship here in this life on earth. It feels like my Heart is pulling in two directions- one is, my Beloved Lord- it wants to be with Him so much, it burns for Him so much- and also there is this wish to be with my partner as a spiritual companion and to be a loving mother to "my" children.
Maybe the direction my Heart is pulling me in truth is one, and only perceived by my mind as two that cannot be combined- it is nearly as if my Heart longs to be a nun- totally for Him- and a mother and partner to someone on the path- How is that possible? What does it mean to be a nun, what does it mean to be a wife and mother on our spiritual path? How can the deeper, mystical aspects of both ways of Life be combined into one, into mine?
With Love, in God and Guruji,
Mataji